Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I'm still here...

How sad. I feel for the few readers I have out there. I hate it when I visit blogs only to see their most recent post was days ago. I LOVE fresh content! So why am I not here more often?? Well, there are many reasons and I will not complain about them too much BUT the point of this blog to begin with, was to help more busy women like me excel at trading . When I first started out (granted, only a few months ago!) I found very few blogs from women traders! And even fewer from women like me who were married, raising a family, running a household and had very little time to jump into a venture like this and learn what you need to know to be a successful trader. I thought it would be fun, useful and informative to log my journey, not only for other traders, but for myself as well.

So enough of that!!! I can't promise I'll be here daily, as every spare moment I have on the computer seem to be looking for the next big move, but I'll try to get here a tad more often then once a week as that is a huge pet peeve of mine in other blogs!!!

So, a lot has happened since I was last here. I convinced my husband we should use part of our tax return to fund my trading account. I deposited a grand total of $2000 and it went in today at market open. I promptly spent my wad!! (I AM a woman after all!) My stock trading friend and mentor has been tossing bones my way for a while and I decided to shock the shit out of him and actually act on a few. Unfortunately I was not quite fast enough (translates into "snuggly in my bed and did not want to get up, put in my contacts and be at the computer screen promptly at 6:30 Pacific Time) so I didn't make quite the profits I possibly could have but I'm not unhappy with my holdings so here you go:
PRW - 300 shares (still holding from long ago, hope to sell soon.....)
Today bought:
CYTR - 200 shares at $5.24, stop at $4.82 which is an 8% loss
NGEN - 300 shares at $1.68
BIOM - 350 shares at $1.24

Bought these early in the trading day. My friend gave me the leads (actually I found BIOM on my own from previous evening scans) and I checked the charts, liked the volumes and jumped in. I set stops on CYTR and NGEN but did NGEN only till end of day and it ran out so I need to redo in the morning. I'm leaving BIOM as a longer term effort (know there is an official name for that....??).

So that is where I'm at. Isn't this fun? NOT YET! It was a bit gut wrenching. The big question will be whether I can be a successful and profitable trader while living my normal and hectic life!! This week, for example, my Mother is visiting for a week, the kids are on spring break and we have numerous activities daily. I also like to work out, preferably in the morning, which is during market hours. NO CAN DO. Today I worked out at 1:15, right after market closed. I also have a real job and work part time. My kids play sports, my daughter is getting ready for her Senior year in high school, we are a very busy family with a big social life as well.

So the purpose of this blog is "CAN SHE DO IT?" and I am out to prove I can!!!

P.S. RCAU...by the way...sold last week at $2.45 with a nice little profit (at this point anything, even $50, is a nice little profit!) but as you all know, this stock is out of control with growth!!! I like watching it even though it's long gone from my life for now.....

No comments: