Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tuesday and Wednesday combined!

Very quickly I wanted to post and let you know that on Tuesday I decided to jump in and try to make a quick buck. I bought 1150 shares of VWPT. This came up on my scan data Monday night with a bullish engulfing pattern. I got in at .45 early Tuesday and sat back. Actually I did not "sit back". More like I sat rigidly upright at my computer screen for the next 4 solid hours only breaking once to wolf down some cottage cheese and quickly go to the bathroom! I was so sore and my neck was killing me!!! I tried lowering my chair, raising my chair, stretching, but was afraid to step away from the screen for any length of time. In the end it did not matter. I set my stop at what I thought was .425 but who knows what I was doing and actually I got stopped out at .4301. I actually set up a stop loss order on Scottrade and in retrospect, will NOT be doing this again on a day I can sit by the screen and keep an eye on things because as I learned the hard way the market dudes on the floor (can't remember what they are really called!!!) see that and GRAB it and you are screwed!

So let this be a little $30+ or so lesson learned. Geez!!!

I need to go back to my roots. I'm going to spend some time studying and reading and see what I come up with. I want this to be simple and easy and not time consuming but I want to make $. I am not sure if I'd rather day trade or just buy and hold a few days (swing) and maybe I'll do both. Time will tell (and hopefully my trading account funds will hold out!)

Still have MGRM. What is up with this stock????? Everything says it should move but it doesn't. FRUSTRATING!!! I know my friend K is in it BIG so we both have something at stake. Come on little guy! MOVE IT already! (UP, move it UP!!!!)

No comments: