Monday, May 14, 2007

More and more and more...

Hi everyone! What I mean by the title today is that I continue to learn "more and more and more..." and that is okay!!
Current situation today:
Sold all 150 shares of BKHM for 2.40 today (bought at 2.39) ooooh...huge profits! (NOT!) but the reason I did this will become clear in a sec.
Friday my friend K asked if he could sell MGRM and buy something else. So we did that and then bought 1400 shares of OPBL. Of course, you may have heard by now, bad news on OPBL over the weekend. Not looking that great but ..... well, but nothing. It's not looking that great.

So now I still have CVM which is doing nothing but the last 1/2 hour of the trading day today, I got really good news on SWEB. Earnings report up 72%! This is one of my old faves. Found it a while back at it's baby stages of .80+ and it has done progressively better over the last 3 months. So I decided in the last few minutes before the markets closed, to sell BKHM and buy 250 shares of SWEB. I'm in at 1.14 and feel good about it.

I want to say a few more things, again, I continue to learn. My friend does not use stops. Actually, he does use them, but more the "mental" kind as he is by the computer all day long trading. Me, I am only by the screen 2-3 days a week max, and step away often! I'm re-thinking the stop orders. In my case, with a little trading fund to begin with, I think it's necessary. I won't lie to you, my account today, which started at $2500, is down to $1077. Not exactly what I had in mind when I started this.

But I'm still learning. I'd love any comments anyone has regarding ...... well, regarding anything at all that may help me! Just any words of wisdom, advise, etc. Or any thoughts on OPBL. Do you think it has a fighting chance? Hit me, I can take it!

3 comments:

Multiple Streams Trader said...

Hi Stock Gal,
I'm in a similar situation in that I cannot watch the screen all day. It's cost me, too. So now, if I'm not watching, I'm using stop losses or trailing stop. And also, I don't trade OTC stocks unless I can watch.

Hope you find what works best for you!

Jan

Stock Gal said...

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!!! I'm still pretty new to trading so hopefully I'll get my groove soon :o)

SkyDog2 said...

LOL, multiple streams trader, you are a penny muppet trader ;)